Reference in this notice to “personal data” means any information that identifies, or could reasonably be used to identify, a living individual, either on its own or together with other information.
Please read this notice carefully to understand our practices with respect to personal data.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
A. Personal data that you give us, including:
- Registration. We collect the mandatory information required to create your user account and to register for the services we provide on our website, meaning your name, email address, phone number and password.
- Profile. You have choices about the information in your profile, such as, whether to provide your date of birth, title, photograph, country, education, professional skills, additional information in the profile tab. You don’t have to provide additional information in your profile; but the more information you provide the more authentic your profile is.
- Messages, postings and uploads. We collect personal data from you when you provide, post or upload it to our website, such as when you purchase a product, when you book a session with a mentor, when you upload deliverables (e.g., documents, presentations, audio/video files), when you chat or message with other members of the community, post announcements on the forum, and register for an event.
- Technical information. We keep a record of any correspondence between you and us, such as information that you send when you report a problem with our website or service.
- Any other information relating to you which you may provide to us.
B. Information that we collect automatically from a third-party source, including:
- Social Media Authentication Information. If you register on our website using social media authentication (such as Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.), we will access certain personal data (e.g., name, email) from your social media profile according to the terms and conditions of those platforms.
- Technical Information. When you visit our website we collect information relating to the devices you use and the networks to which you are connected. This technical information, includes your IP address, log-in information, bandwidth used, time of visit, browser type and version, browser plug-ins types and versions, operating system, information about your visit including asthe URL clickstream, download/upload errors, pages visited, page interactions, and other connection data held in our logs. We collect this information using different technologies, like cookies.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We retain your personal data so long as you have an account with us. If you close your account, your personal data will be immediately deleted.
Information you have shared with others (e.g., through messages, chats or on message boards/walls) will remain visible after you close your account, but will be anonymized. Your profile may continue to be displayed in the services of others (e.g., search engine results) until the user refreshes their cache.
If your account is suspended or blocked, we will keep your data for a period of between 2 and 5 years to prevent you from circumventing the terms and conditions of our website.
We may also retain your personal data for an additional period to the extent necessary to assert or defend against legal claims.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use your personal data to provide, support and develop our platform service. We use your personal data to:
- suggest relevant virtual products to you on our website;
- enable you to personalize your user profile/account;
- send you service-related information (e.g., confirmation of your booking) by email and/or any other communication means;
- enable you to communicate and interact with other community members;
- give you access to our support services to enable you to communicate with us;
- keep our website secure and safe;
- measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- target you for ads on social media platforms (like Facebook);
- send you, in accordance with applicable laws and where required, with your consent, marketing materials and suggestions of our services (e.g., potential collaborators) that may interest you;
- notify you about changes to our services;
- administer our website, including for troubleshooting, access, data analysis, testing, research, analytic and survey purposes;
- improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner; and
- comply with our legal obligations, including court orders and other legal or regulatory requirements.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data with WILDCATS affiliates, for the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice.
Profile. When you use our services, your profile is fully visible to all members of our community, such as other users and brands. Certain profile information (e.g., name, photo, community, etc.) can also be visible to others on or off our website (e.g., visitors to our website or users of third-party search engines).
Wall posts and messages. When you post on a message board/wall, it can be viewed by all members of the community.
Events and mentorship. Upon your registration to an event or mentorship, sending out mentorship requests or similar action, your contact information will be shared to the prospective users.
We only share your personal data with third parties in the following cases:
- where it is necessary to perform our services (e.g., providing your personal data to a collaborator who you have accepted collaboration request);
- to assist us in the improvement and optimization of our website by using analytics and search engines;
- it is explicitly requested by you (e.g., when registering through social media authentication);
- it is based on your consent and/or our legitimate interest (i.e. providing you with meaningful advertising);
- if we are required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to claims asserted against us, to comply with legal proceedings, in the framework of an investigation, or protect the rights, property or personal safety of WILDCATS or its members;
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer; and
- if all or part of our assets are acquired by a third party, your personal data may be included as transferred assets.
If you decide to share your personal data with us by using social media authentication, the latter’s privacy policies will apply to you. We do not control the collection or processing of your information by such platforms.
THE LEGAL BASIS FOR DATA PROCESSING
We collect, use and share the data that we have in the ways described above:
- as necessary to provide the services on our website and fulfill the Terms and Conditions;
- consistent with your consent, which you may revoke at any time through your profile page;
- as necessary to comply with our legal obligations;
- as necessary for our legitimate interests, including our interests in providing an innovative, personalized, and effective service to our users and partners, unless those interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms that require protection of personal data.
DIRECT MARKETING E-MAILS & TARGETED ADS ON SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
In accordance with applicable laws and where required with your consent, we may use the information you give us on our website for electronic direct marketing (e.g. receiving our newsletters, invitations to upcoming events and other communications that we think may interest you). You can withdraw your consent at any time by unticking the relevant box in your member account clicking on the unsubscribe link in each WILDCATS email, or contacting us at the details provided below.
Regarding targeted ads and content, you can object at any time by configuring your settings regarding advertisement on your social media account (e.g., Facebook).
TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We store your personal data on our cloud service, hosted on AWS. If you use our website, your personal data may be shared among WILDCATS affiliates (both inside and outside of Singapore). Our global policy requires all affiliated entities to ensure a level of data protection at least as protective as those mandated by the PDPC.
We may also transfer personal data to third parties, including those based outside Singapore, for example (but not limited to) sub-contractors and third parties involved in providing services. When we transfer your personal data, we will do this in accordance with applicable data protection laws and will take appropriate safeguards to ensure its integrity and protection.
HOW WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA SECURE
We will take appropriate technical and organizational measures against unauthorized or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data in accordance with our internal security procedures covering its storage, access and destruction.
YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING PERSONAL DATA
In addition to your rights under applicable data protection legislation and where we are permitted or required by applicable law and regulation, we will provide you, upon request, with a copy of your personal data and we will correct any errors identified by you. You also have the right to receive and/or have us transfer to another data controller a subset of your personal data. You have the right to object to and restrict our processing of your personal data as well as the right to lodge a complaint with supervisory authorities regarding the processing of your personal data. All such requests, or any questions or comments regarding this policy or our handling of your personal data, should be addressed to email@example.com
Our website contains links to other websites, including to partner companies. Those websites have their own privacy practices, for which we do not accept responsibility or liability. Please review those policies before submitting any personal data.
This Privacy Notice was updated in October 2023. We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice from time to time to reflect changing legal requirements or our processing practices. Any such changes will be posted on this website and will be effective upon posting.